Monday 23 February 2015

CITY BREAK








I've been a lover of cities for as long as I can remember. I am mega grateful to live so close to London - there are so many other super cool cities, but this one will always be special for me. This time, I stayed in Soho and was determined not to waste a minute. (+ London Fashion Week atmosphere was electric!)






Covent Garden is an absolute classic. The square is so beautiful, but I also love roads behind the Tube Station - Cucumber Alley is so cool!

Everyone's favourite just so happens to also be my favourite. The Breakfast Club is a place of wonder. The pancakes are insane, the walls are plastered in polaroids and the juice is how juice should be. 

I managed to get to the gorgeous V&A Wedding Dress exhibition - oh my god, Kate Moss' dress was honestly breathtaking! If you're nearby, I would 100% advise that you pop in! 

City breaks and shopping is an inevitable combination. I actually prefer browsing in more unique stores (confession: usually stationery) because there is such diversity in London - vintage and one-off buys are so fulfilling! I find that they also personalise your trip: I look forward to visiting the stores that can be found nowhere else in the world. (Not that I'd turn down a visit to Topshop Oxford Circus...)

One of my favourite shops of all time is ARTBOX; oh, what I'd do to visit Japan! Hello Kitty has been a love of mine since I was tiny. Everything they sell is beautifully made in the loveliest designs. Plus, the not-quite-perfect translations into English are so great! I picked up this gorgey soft-cover lilac sketchbook with 'LOVE', and a white version with 'The pen is mightier than the sword' (I think they were £1.60 each - it just gets better!)







I hope you're well. Thanks for stopping by! Lots of love,

Elle




2 comments:

  1. lovely photos! nothing beats the breakfast club pancakes! x

    whatbeckyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry that this is so late, but thank you so much! I completely agree, they're the greatest! x

      Delete

);